Collaborate with your fellow agile coaches, learn from each other and produce valuable outcomes that help transform the world of work. It’s also about making valuable connections that continue long after the retreat’s conclusion. This is a dynamic networking and skills-building retreat, featuring meaningful and actionable interactions via a robust new selection of events.
The Malcolm Hotel
321 Spring Creek Drive
Canmore, AB, T1W 2G2
Price includes Retreat registration fee, two-nights accommodation, and some meals during the event.
What Happens at #ACRBAN22?
Agile Coaching Retreats are built around the principles of Retreat, Scrum, Deep, Long, Shared Learning, Two Sleeps, and Slack. These retreats are designed in such a way that the participants determine what is most valuable for them create together. In addition to the focused time to practice coaching skills, network and create, there will also be a keynote speaker to provide expert insights on coaching.
Principles: The Scrum Alliance Agile Coaching Retreat is developed in alignment with the agile/Scrum values and we curate the event to guide your work and connections:
- Retreat – The event creates time and space for focused learning and growth.
- Scrum – Learning is done using an empirical framework called Scrum.
- Teams – Teams are the heart of Scrum and are a key differentiator at the Retreats.
- Deep – Teams go deep into single topics, rather than covering many broad areas.
- Long – Learning, collaboration, and relationships continue long after the event.
- Shared learning – The event is designed for deep, collaborative, shared learning.
- Two sleeps – Connections are made when our brains are quiet; the two nights of sleep allow for creative idea formation.
Who should attend?
The Scrum Alliance Agile Coaching Retreat is for anyone interested in agile coaching or those who want to grow their coaching skills, connect with other agilists, and build something helpful for the agile community at large in the process. We invite agile coaches of all levels to attend the retreat.
Aspiring coaches will find Scrum Alliance’s Path to Coaching video series helpful to understand what professional coaching is and gain insight into specific coaching competencies such as systems coaching, scaling, coaching leaders, and maintaining sustainable agility.
What will I gain from attending?
- Knowledge on how to use Open Space to build a product and learn new skills
- Networking opportunities with fellow agile coaches and practitioners
- Focused times to practice your coaching skills
- 20 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) to use toward the renewal of your certification(s)
Those on the path to becoming a Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Coach will also gain the following:
- Opportunities to receive feedback from current CECs and CTCs on your coaching based on the ICF Core Competencies
- Availability to meet the CEC and CTC application reviewers about the certification and review process
Aspects of this retreat may also contribute to the following sections from Part 1 of the CEC or CTC applications:
- Section 1-C: Coaching Education and Mentorship
- Section 1-D: Agile Community Engagement
- Section 1-E: Coaching Tools, Techniques, and Frameworks
About the Venue
Agile Coaching Retreat Banff 2022 will be held at The Malcolm Hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Located in the Alberta Rockies, The Malcolm Hotel offers stunning mountain views in a peaceful location.
This venue is approximately an hour from the Calgary International Airport, and 25 minutes outside of Banff.