Opening Question: How much faith do you have in your programme reports?
or: How much faith do you have in your data for strategic decisions?
“Transparency can enhace your decision making ability”
“Shared information promotes accuracy, responsibility and performance”
“Transparent data Reflects Reality”:
- Problems are surfaced early, prompting early action
- Measure what is actually done and still to do
- Drives discipline in your teams – there is nowhere to hide!
“Transparency leads to Better Planning”:
- Forecasts are based on the latest, real performance
- Short iterations mean data is updated frequently, leading to better forecasts
How to do it now?
- Whiteboards in public places
- online reports, intranet
- posters, meetings
“A lack of transparency results in distrust and a deep sense of insecurity.” Dalai Lama