For Saturday Night, here are some of your options of where to go/do/dine:
- Walk around the lake area. This is the prettiest part of Geneva’s outdoors.
- You can go for a swim/dip (depending on temperatures) in Lake Geneva at “The Baths” Bain de Paquis . The place also has an outdoorsy, casual and low-key canteen with great view of Geneva from the lake. Swimming is optional. Map / Yelp Review
Address: Quai du Mont-Blanc 30, 1201 Geneva – Phone +41 22 738 16 16
- Brasserie des Halles de l’Ile, one of my favourites, in the middle of the river Rhone (you may recognize it from the French fame of Cote du Rhone wines). Quite impressive view of the water current, if you sit by the window. Map / Yelp Review
Address: 1 Place De L’ile, 1204 Genève – Phone +41 22 311 08 88
- Chalet Suisse – traditional Swiss cuisine of fondue and raclette, ideal for cheese-lovers. Map / Yelp Review
Address: Boulevard Georges-Favon 23, 1204 Genève – Phone +41 22 328 12 36
- Restaurant Les Armures – located in the “Old Town” part of Geneva, close to Cathedral St Pierre, in a pedestrian zone. Can be combined with meanderings among the ancient buildings and architecture. Map / Yelp Review
Address: rue du Puits-Saint-Pierre 1, 1204 Genève – Phone +41 22 310 34 42
- Parfums de Beyrouth- Those who want something more adventurous, go to this yummy Lebanese restaurant. Located in an ethnic neighbourhood very close to the main train station, i.e. very easily accessible. Map / Yelp Review
Address: Rue de Berne 18, 1201 Genève – Phone +41 22 731 66 58
- Auberge Port Gitana – by the lake shore, fantastic view.